Update 5 January 2022: please download the latest CoX test client again here (or the new portable version) for some of the bugfixes. This client DOES auto-update.
Update 13 January 2022: due to new bugs still being reported close to the deadline, we have decided to extend the bughunter contest with another 6 days, until 20 January.
The Chambers of Xeric minigame is finally ready to be tested! To this end, we are organising a bughunter contest where you can win a whopping 20,000 donator credits just by finding and reporting bugs!
To participate in the contest, simply download our test client (or the portable version) and play the Chambers of Xeric on our dedicated CoX test server. If you find any bugs (that are otherwise not bugs on the live server), please report it as a reply on this topic. Make sure to include your game username in one of your bug reports so I know where to add the credits at the end of the contest.
Bugs outside the Chambers of Xeric also count toward points, as long as they are not yet present in the live server and are not yet known by the developers. Please note that there are no accounts on this test server, so any account you log into will not have any stats or items. Maxing out your stats is easy enough with ::master and you can spawn any item with ::i. There are no playtime restrictions. You can copy the bank of the player named "Bank" with ::copybank bank, I will try to keep the account online as much as possible (if the account "Bank" is offline, you can log into it with the password "bank").
Some useful commands on the testserver: The contest will be ongoing until 20 January 2021.
Bughunter contest ends in:
Bughunter contest rules & guidelines
- Whenever you encounter an in-game bug, make a post about it as a reply to this thread. Please try to be as specific as possible so we can reproduce the bug.
- Make sure you include your in-game username in one of your bug reports, so I know where to add the credits (if you never state your in-game name in any reports, you will not receive your reward).
- The first person to report a bug gets the points for it.
- Known bugs or bugs that are also present in the live production server do not result in any points.
- Double posting in this thread is allowed. If you edit a post, all bugs in that post will be treated as if being reported at the time of editing.
- When two or more people work together to find a bug , they all get the full amount of points for it. Please give credit where due.
- Developers are excluded from the contest, as they have intimate knowledge of the code.
- You get points based on the severity of a bug:
- 1 point for minor bugs, visual glitches & unintended pvm safespots.
- 2 points for relatively minor bugs, things that don't work or don't work the same way as in OSRS, wrong ID's (for example an NPC having the wrong ID or being spawned in the wrong place) etc.
- 3 points for general bugs.
- 4 points for major bugs.
- 5 points for game-breaking bugs.
- 10 points for dupes or massive exploits.
Current bughunter ranking:
#1 @Mvpranger - IGN: Mvpranger - 138 points
#2 @Empty - IGN: Empty pot - 115 points
#3 @Iron adam - IGN: Iron adam - 28 points
#4 @Snapzhot - (Unknown IGN) - 22 points
#5 @The underdog - (Unknown IGN) - 17 points
#6 @Eye of ra - (Unknown IGN) - 10 points
#7 @Andrea love - IGN: Andrea loves - 4 points
#8 @Silliekill - (Unknown IGN) - 3 points
#8 @Joeyrocks130 - Joeyrocks130 - 3 points
#10 @Ur free asf - (Unknown IGN) - 2 points
#11 @Theearlygamer - (Unknown IGN) - 2 points
#12 @Optiklukas - (Unknown IGN) - 1 point