Testserver release 26 October 2016! Also, halloween event!

Hell yes.

For those who have been following my developer blog, you've no doubt noticed that the testserver is coming together really nicely. As we speak, I'm in the process of dumping the world map for server-sided noclipping checks, but once that's done, it's ready for release!

There are still a couple of things that need to be implemented (mostly some client-sided settings & features), as well as some bugs that need to be fixed, but those are all things that I'll be working on after the release.

Because of the massive size of the changes, we'll be organizing a bughunter contest in which everyone can participate! All you need to do is find bugs and report them, the 20 people who reported the most bugs will receive a number of Donator Credits in exchange!

How massive are we talking?
56,000 lines of server code added, removed or changed
4,800 lines of client code added or changed
280,000 lines of server configuration added or changed (most of it automatically generated)
39,000 lines of client configuration code added for our custom items, NPC's, objects and animations (partially generated)
62,000 lines of automatically generated database queries and 1,400 lines of manually written database queries (most of it by Rapsey) which will result in over 50,000,000 database records being updated after the change.

We've never even come close to this amount of changes in a single update.

I'll be making a new post tomorrow with the details of the update, as well as more information about the contest :)

Once the testserver is released, I'll be working on the Halloween event, which we're hoping to get released this Friday (Saturday at the very latest).

Oh yes, and this weekend's event is Revenants! 20% increased droprates, double slayer points and double PkHonor points on kills!

Starts in:

Ends in:

See you tomorrow!

Double slayer XP!

Double slayer XP this weekend! Nope, not slayer points. Just XP ;)
Also not for Ironman Mode players. Sorry! We'll make sure the one next weekend is also suited for them - speaking of which, feel free to post some suggestions for future events. Maybe even ones that we haven't even released yet? Most events are easily coded in anyway and it's always nice to add some change to them.

That's all for now, apologies for the lack of current in-game updates and bugfixes, but I still have my head buried far too deep in the new client project. Every now and then, some new bug or missing feature sets me back (or rather, adds some more stuff for me to do), resulting in the delay of the testserver release. At least we're getting ever closer every day!

Taking everything into account I've done thus far, I'm going to put the 'testserver readiness' of the new client at 90%. An exact deadline is still not known at this time, but it's coming soon. We're working hard every day to make sure we can hold up that promise.

In the meantime, Billy & some of our staff members are working out this year's Halloween event! Even with some minimal coding (done in just a couple days if we can do it properly), we're hoping to get a special, enjoyable and nice halloween event released by the end of next week! We'll let you know more soon enough about the event ;)

It does mean that later this week and at the beginning of next week, I'll need to take a couple of days break from the client development to work on that.
Who knows, maybe I can get an initial testserver release out before starting work on the event, but that might just be wishful thinking (and several long days of work). With the couple of challenges currently ahead of me, it's either a matter of days or weeks. Definitely before the end of this month, unless something really unexpected pops up that would take weeks to get done, so let's hope that doesn't happen :P

Anyway, double Slayer XP starts in:

Ends in:

Developers blog

Client source upgrade - more than just a new look

While completing the work on some of our interfaces (like the GE), I had noticed a couple of minor bugs. For one, when the GE tells you "You have bought X items for Y coins", it actually shows how much you offered for the items, not how much you actually paid (if you offer 100M for a whip but someone was already selling one for 80M, you'll spend 80M but the GE will say you spent 100M). It's purely visual and has no effect on the use of the GE, but it's still a bug.
I had to make a change in th...

Client source upgrade - progress thread

Okay, it's time to confess that I haven't actually worked on the Pest Control improvements and Elite Void as I had promised.

:cry: I let you down. I should take my responsibility and resign. You don't deserve a failure like me.

But, on the bright side, I didn't work on PC because I had my head stuck too deep into reworking the new client to become the new PkHonor client. The road ahead is long and treacherous, but at least I've made some great progress already. I'm hoping you'll forgive me for som...