Major Staff Updates.

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Patel
Advisor

Re: Major Staff Updates.

Post by Patel » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:04 am

So... Church was demoted and we don't actually know why.

For reference, one of the clearest cases I've seen in 13 years was when a moderator SCAMMED someone in 2023, and even that only resulted in action after an incredible amount of effort by the community. It was almost as obvious of a demotion as that time a mod botted and got caught.

So... Church must've done something much, much worse than scamming or botting.

...Right? That sound like Church to you guys? Because that's the only logical explanation for this.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:22 am

Patel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:04 am So... Church was demoted and we don't actually know why.

For reference, one of the clearest cases I've seen in 13 years was when a moderator SCAMMED someone in 2023, and even that only resulted in action after an incredible amount of effort by the community. It was almost as obvious of a demotion as that time a mod botted and got caught.

...Right? That sound like Church to you guys? Because that's the only logical explanation for this.
He banned me and unbanned toxic ppl :copium:

What I think it is, incorrect or strange judgement on multiple occasions as a member of the staff team. Making the staff team unable to work on a solid base with this Admin as exemplary behavior. Kinda creycrey it'd be a straight up demote over good talks in advance. But it's just guessing anyway. Staff team went rogue with a coup d'etat #Justice4Church.

Then again, there's this which is probably part of the actual reason lol:
Here comes the drama. I'm expecting some sort of thread exposing me for all of my wrongdoings, regardless of the fact they were either 7 years ago, or just blatantly not true. If it comes to that, I'll either address my side of things, or just ignore the blatant bullshit. Yes, there will be questions. But until such a moment that requires me to do otherwise, I will respect the privacy of the staff team and Church on this matter.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:38 am

The underdog wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:22 am
Patel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:04 am So... Church was demoted and we don't actually know why.

He banned me and unbanned toxic ppl :copium:

What I think it is, incorrect or strange judgement on multiple occasions as a member of the staff team. Making the staff team unable to work on a solid base with this Admin as exemplary behavior. Kinda creycrey it'd be a straight up demote over good talks in advance. But it's just guessing anyway.
At least I can see where you're coming from, that would be something that erodes away at people and results in tension that leads to a vote.

I'm just not sure if that would be the full story. Would you demote someone because of how concerned you are about what people might think, or because their principles fundamentally differ from your own?

If church was a shitty person this would be easy, but he (un)fortunately means well and typically tries to solve problems by thinking critically about them and taking his time. The solutions may not always be on the mark, but that's what discussion and collaboration is for. The admins could easily be on the same page, it's not hard to work with church and refine ideas into something that works well with everyone. You'd have to dislike him ahead of time and be predisposed to shutting down with him for that to not work

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:40 am

You mean the guy who wouldn't let us yell H*rny on yell sometimes? Surely he isn't a stickler for following the rules...

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:42 am

Damn, Patel is up to something here.
Now let the rest of the community hear the real reason perhaps.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:49 am

Empty wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:42 am
Damn, Patel is up to something here.
Now let the rest of the community hear the real reason perhaps.
Oh we don't need to know. Just rest assured it was so serious that the staff team overwhelmingly voted to dismiss a loyal servant of the server and that no form of justification to the community is required at all. We should all put our absolute trust that Ryan is in the right here.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:02 am

Can we have a list of who voted what? Otherwise I'll appoint @Dismayed and @Dont goof to figure it out for us.

A vote that can be backed by arguments can't really be wrong anyway. It will be based on limited information which might not even be fact checked.
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Ahmed elrahi
Donator

Post by Ahmed elrahi » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:27 am

i voted no. ryan racist for church and ban him

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:13 am

I can't say much as I haven't been playing hardly ever the past few years but my best guess is just the tension between Church and the other staff members. It just got to the point where there is just too much tension between them and that may have lead to the whole vote. It's not because Dj and the rest of the staff team have different views on beliefs. Unless Dj was blatantly being racist, which is a possibility.

I'll try to reserve my displeasure until someone can explain what actually happened because I actually liked Dj. It sucks to see this happen, no matter what the cause was

Uim elon
Helper

Post by Uim elon » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:40 am

Patel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:38 am If church was a shitty person this would be easy, but he (un)fortunately means well and typically tries to solve problems by thinking critically about them and taking his time.
I’m really not the person to kick a man while he is down, but I couldn’t disagree more with your take here. I don’t want to invalidate your opinion of him, but my experience of Church are as follows:

- Dishonest: He would deliberately lie about information or events that took place. One example was a Titan event where he stated he didn’t enter a multi combat zone where he quite obviously did. And once confronted on lying (about something so small and insignificant), he resorted to trying to gaslight others into thinking they are the problem for pointing it out.

- Uninformed: He would confidently speak on subjects that he has little to no knowledge on. An example was this suggestion ( viewtopic.php?p=764014&hilit=Map#p764014). He ensured me that it would take way too long and was confidently explaining to me why it was so difficult to do. All for Lieven (Rest his soul) to complete and implement it EXTREMELY quickly.

- Sensitive: Anytime someone pushed back on anything he said, he would rarely resort to making logical arguments. Instead he would resort to insults like “dumbass” or other derogatory titles.

Again, I am not posting this to try to kick someone while they are down. But I didn’t experience Admin Church as a person who critically thinks or has great discernment. Instead I just experienced a person who only found comfort in a position of physical or mental superiority (whether real or fake).

And I’m sure he would make the same arguments about myself :) Probably why we bump heads so much